Information

Hello! My name is Izumi Shoji.I am a vegetarian living in Tokyo.
My first English book will be out soon,so I started this blog in English.
Though I'm not good at English,I will update this blog once aweek.Please come and enjoy!
Click here to read my Japanese blog which everyday I update showing recipes of my original cuisines of vegetables.)

Apr 8, 2011

Carrot spring rolls

Hello! I am glad to see you again. I will update this blog for the first time a week.
There was also a big earthquake last night.I'm really worried. I wish everyone a safe.

Well, today I'll show you how to make "harumaki".Do you know harumaki? It is the food wrapped in the skin of a Chinese-style stir-fry.You might think it hard to cook.But it is really easy dishes.You can wrap anything you like.Stir-fried vegetables, kinpira (Japanese-style stir-fried vegetables), boiled vegetables, fried tofu is also good.Today I used a carrot and seaweed.Very simple, but this is it delicious.


ingredients for 1 person

1/2carrot(about 2oz)
2tbsp dried seaweed
1tsp sesame
2 spring roll skin(small size)
sesame oil

Please cut the carrots thin. Dried seaweed is used in a while to dry.

Heat the sesame oil and stir-fry the carrots and seaweed.Also add sesame please.

Wrap spring roll skin.

Heat oil in a frying pan, and bake them.

This is ready to serve.How to make spring rolls, it is very easy!

This blog is updated once a week, in the right side, I will briefly introduce my Japanese blog recipe.Please come and enjoy! See you next week!

I am also sending information on face book.
The Japanese Vegetarian Kitchen

ファンページも宣伝する

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I have been wanting to make spring rolls for some time now

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of seaweed are you using? It gets confusing in the USA as we have Korean, Chinese, and Japanese labelled kinds. I have over 5 types of seaweed in our house. so not sure which type to use.

    ReplyDelete