Information

Hello! My name is Izumi Shoji.I am a vegetarian living in Tokyo.
My first English book will be out soon,so I started this blog in English.
Though I'm not good at English,I will update this blog once aweek.Please come and enjoy!
Click here to read my Japanese blog which everyday I update showing recipes of my original cuisines of vegetables.)

Aug 12, 2011

Spinach with Sesame Dressing

Hello! I am happy to see you again. I will update this blog once a week.

The spinach salad is very popular in Japan.The most traditional salad is boiled spinach salad with soy sauce.We call it "Ohitashi".
It is also famous boiled spinach salad tossed with sesame dressing.We call it "Gomaae".These salads are a traditional Japanese home cooking.
Today I will show you how to make Gomaae.


ingredients for 1 person

About 3 ounces spinach(100g)
1tbsp white sesame seed(toasted*)
1tsp soy sause
1tsp maple syrup(or sugar)
*Raw sesame seeds are should be toasted before using.Toast in a dry frying pan until the sesame seeds start to pop.

Put spinach in the water 5minutes.If you do this,The spinach regain freshness.

Crushed sesame seeds in a mortar.Add the soy sauce and maple syrup.

Bring a pan of water to the boil,put in the spinach and cook for 20 seconds.You should not be cooked too!

Remove in ice water to stop further cooking and to retain a deep green color.

Squeeze out the water ant cut int 3cm length.And squeeze aut the water once again.

Put the spinach in the bowl with the dressing and mix well.

Please try.Japanese people love this salad.You will surely love this salad!

This blog is updated once a week, in the right side, I will briefly introduce my Japanese blog recipe.Please come and enjoy! See you next week!

I am also sending information on face book.
The Japanese Vegetarian Kitchen

ファンページも宣伝する

















13 comments:

  1. This looks really delicious. I used to eat this all of the time but lately I've been getting tired of spinach. This recipe makes me want to start up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following your blog Izumi. And I will copy every single bit of it with my own twist. :-) Thank you for introducing me to your vegetarian kitchen. Hoping to be your culinary friend. :-) And looking forward to your Japanese dishes as I'm trying to learn Japanese cooking here in the internet. :-)
    ~Rayni www.raynifly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I love it! I wish you still updated it.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really simple and basic bur really delicious! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I randomly found your website through google. I love your recipes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to find your blog. I live in Misawa and have recently switched my diet to vegan. It is helpful to have your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Izumi,

    I am an Indian who tries to cook dishes from all over the world. Being a vegetarian it has been a little difficult for me to find vegetarian Japanese food. I am really glad to have found your blog. I have read so many articles about how healthy Japanese food is and I can't wait to try out the recipes here.

    Thank you,
    Sharmila

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I found this blog.
    I'm vegan and love japanese food.
    Please remember this english blog of yours, my japanese kanji reading isn't good enough yet for your japanese blog :D
    Thank you for everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that I found this blog, and so sad that you no longer update it. Even so, as a struggling vegan I find it a constant source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autobiographic tale of my twenty years in the Korean unifying movement of the self-styled reverend Sun Myung Moon, the Unification Church, very active in Japan, in United States and in Europe. A recognition in the language denoted of plagiarism and self plagiarism, that characterize the interpersonal transaction in the mystical micro-cults. Strategies “no profit” to recycle a remarkable huge amount of money, deriving by philanthropic fundraising, in normal activities “full profit”. The secrets of the fundraising and sales “door to door”. Entirely transposed by my time in the more articulate, picturesque mystical enterprise of the history: the Moon’s sect or... the cleverest fraud of the history! http://www.amazon.it/Little-God-Syndrome-happily-Frontiers-ebook/dp/B00WH6DQOW/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your great post. Your post is really valuable and help me a lot. Waiting for your next similar post.
    餐饮库存管理

    ReplyDelete